World Kidney Day is an annual event that takes place around the globe on the second Thursday in March, when thousands of people join forces to highlight kidney health. Each year has a slightly different theme and people choose to get involved in a wide variety of ways to help raise awareness and funds for people living with kidney problems.
The next World Kidney Day takes place on Thursday 14th March 2024. Kidney Kids Scotland aim to involve as many local and national organisations as possible to help to highlight the charity, the work that we do and to try and raise additional funds to continue the improvement of treatment, equipment and services for children living with kidney disease.
The last few years have generated fantastic corporate involvement and created tremendous energy locally, with a great number of organisations choosing to get involved on the day, or in the run up to the day. Not only have we raised much needed funds, but we have raised the profile of the charity, which has meant we have and new families contact us and therefore been able to help even more children.
The success of the World Kidney Day campaign would not be possible without your support. We are excited to be starting a new campaign for 2024 and hope to reach even more people….. and we would love you to be involved!
Getting involved is easy and is not only beneficial for the charity but can be extremely rewarding for you as an organisation. Community engagement can provide fresh and unique paths to meeting business challenges, such as attracting new customers, engaging employees, improving trust, connecting with customers, entering new markets and building brands. It can help to offer you the clear competitive advantage that customers, investors and employees are demanding.
Ways to get involved:-
- Name the Heilan Coo! Raise funds by guessing the name and of course the winner keeps the Cow email us to order your fundraising pack today email@example.com
- Organise a team to take part in the Kiltwalk 2024 for ‘WKD24’ Click here
- Dress up/or dress down and find something blue or yellow to show your support and donate £1
- Hold a Cake Bake/A Raffle/Prize Bingo/Your own sponsored challenge
- Take part in one of our many Kidney Kids Challenges Click here
- Or come up with your own unique way to get involved. We will be happy to help in any way!