Terms and conditions
- Text messages cost the Donation Value, plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). This service can only be used from a UK mobile and does not include Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad you may incur additional network charges. Text Fundraising, Payments and donations will be processed and administered by the National Fundraising Scheme (Charity NO : 1149800) operating as DONATE. Please have the bill payers permission. For full terms and conations see www.easydonate.org
What we collect
We may collect the following information if you fill in a form or contact via our email contact button.
“Name, address, email address, telephone number, age, date of birth, medical conditions, social media photograph opt in.”
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about, events which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
When you complete any ‘contact us’ form you will be asked whether or not you would like to receive communication from us related to products and services we offer that we believe you may be interested in. If you do consent to receiving this information, you can change your mind at any time and are given an easy way to do this.
Security and Performance and Third Party Services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Server and IT Services
Kidney Kids Scotland uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Kidney Kids Scotland server, and other IT system. This service is provided by E-Telegence Limited. E-Telegence cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. More information on e-Telegence can be found at https://www.e-telegence.com
Website Security and performance
Kidney Kids Scotland uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Kidney Kids Scotland website. This service is provided by E-Telegence Limited. E-Telegence Limited cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. More information on e-Telegence can be found at https://www.e-telegence.com
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:-
- The right to obtain details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to request that we rectify any information we are holding on you if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete. Please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect;
- The right to withdraw your consent to our holding your personal data at any time;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Regulator (details provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the ‘Contact’ section below.
- By going on our website at kidneykids.org.uk
- By giving us a call on 01324 555843